Bellingen River to benefit from Council fund
BELLINGEN Shire Council has allocated $35,000 from the Environmental Levy Community Fund (ELCF) to seven projects.
The fund was established in 2006-07 to grant capital to community organisations for specific environmental projects that are local, build community capacity and contribute towards behavioural change outcomes.
Mayor Mark Troy said almost $190,000 has now been invested in partnership around a broad range of environmental sustainably outcomes.
"It is always encouraging to see innovative projects being put forward by individuals and groups who are dedicated to improving the environment in which they live," he said.
Projects for 2013-14 are:
- Northbank Community Garden composting toilet,
- Bellingen Bee Sanctuary, recycle and cycle bike rebuilding,
- Bielsdown River Rehabilitation Project at the riverbank in Dorrigo,
- MYRiveR Bellinger project in schools,
- Capararo and Broken Bridge Reserves upgrades
- and the shire-wide Eco Learning and Living project.