Barnaby Joyce pulls out of Q&A; appearance

FEDERAL Agriculture Minister Barnaby Joyce has pulled out of an appearance on the ABC's Q&A program after the Prime Minister ordered frontbenchers boycott the show, a spokesman says.

Mr Joyce was scheduled to appear on the program tonight but notified the show's producers late yesterday that he would not be appearing.

A spokesman for Mr Joyce said he pulled out of the program after Tony Abbott decided no frontbencher would be allowed to take part.

Q&A was embroiled in controversy after a program last month included Sydney man Zaky Mallah in the live audience and allowed him to ask a question.

Previously, Mr Mallah pleaded guilty to threatening to kill a Commonwealth official.

Read more at ABC News Online



Bushfire burning behind education campus

premium_icon Bushfire burning behind education campus

Firefighters remain on scene, working to extinguish a bushfire.

Man charged over crash that saw car plough into cyclists

premium_icon Man charged over crash that saw car plough into cyclists

The Coffs Harbour man will face court on October 29.

Teen slam poet takes the limelight

premium_icon Teen slam poet takes the limelight

Coffs' Solli Raphael has come a long way in less than a year.

Local Partners