Menu
Entertainment

The Bachelor's rejected ladies won't become 'socialites'

DON'T expect a string of new D-list celebrities out of the new season of The Bachelor, with Sydney events and PR agents banning the reality contestants from VIP events.

Confidential has been told that the combination of "mean" and "boring" women cast for this season have not impressed the local gatekeepers to champagne lunches and promo parties.

A post shared by Jen Hawke (@jolfie) on

One Sydney PR agent told Confidential they would not be having the girls at their events.

"People think that getting on a reality show is a ticket to being a socialite, but that isn't the case," the source said.

"Maybe the winner and a couple of others might get a few invites, but they definitely wont be at the top of the guest list for the big events around town.

"They started out mean and now they are just boring. Who wants that at a party?

"Among the PR industry, there is little interest in getting these ladies to our events, in Sydney at least."

In previous seasons, some of the more popular ladies have managed to create social standings after the show, with the likes of Tim Robards and Anna Heinrich breaking out of the reality box into fully-fledged Sydney socialites.

One reason the ladies of this season may not have ­created personal hype could be their presence online.

A post shared by Tim Robards (@mrtimrobards) on

This year producers have changed tact, not banning the girls from social media during the show. In previous years the ladies have been told to keep their profiles private and not to post until they are eliminated. All contestants have had their profiles set to public and have been posting throughout the show this year.

After early ­favourite Lisa was booted last week, The Bachelor is down to the final six contestants, with Elora and Laura both representing the ­Harbour City.

Topics:  entertainment the bachelor

News Corp Australia


Car destroyed after it was left on roadside engulfed in fire

CAR FIRE: Firefighters from Sawtell were called to a burning Ford Falcon left on the side of Hulberts Rd, Sawtell on Sunday, February 18, 2018.

WATCH: Firefighters tackle car blaze late last night

Rubbish truck's load catches alight

A J.R. Richards and Sons rubbish truck container caught alight on the Pacific Highway.

Fire in skip bin causes traffic hold ups

Coffs sisters battle it out on My Kitchen Rules

Sisters Georgie, 25, and Alicia, 30 from Coffs Harbour will compete in tonight's episode of My Kitchen Rules

Local sisters bring 'modern take' on Asian cuisine to national TV.

Local Partners

Elsa Pataky turns snake wrangler

CHRIS Hemsworth’s wife Elsa Pataky proved she is capable of dealing with Australia’s wildlife when she confronted a snake inside the couple’s Byron Bay home.

Jilted MAFS spouses break silence

MAFS contestants Tracey and Dean break their silence.

Tracey and Ryan break silence after affair is exposed.

Kate Middleton’s BAFTAs dress slammed

Stars don black in again to show solidarity with the #MeToo and Time's up campaigns...

Date set for Gold Coast Logies

Samuel Johnson with the Best Actor award at the 2018 Logies. Picture: AAP Image/Tracey Nearmy

Nine has finally announced the date for 2018 awards.

Kylie reveals ‘nervous breakdown’ over split

Kylie Minogue and Joshua Sasse split in February last year causing Minogue a ‘nervous breakdown’. Picture: Mark Milan/GC Images

'My physical system was compromised. I think it’s called a nervous breakdown'

I’m a Celeb outrage: ‘You’ve hit rock bottom’

David and Lisa Oldfield pose for a portrait at their home in Belrose.

VIEWERS vent their anger and disappointment at the latest intruders.

Shock twist: MAFS affair explodes

A mess.

The final decision left everyone stunned.