TWO villains from Australia's The Bachelor and The Bachelorette series have confirmed they had signed on to appear in an upcoming US spin-off of the franchise - but now their debut has been cancelled.
Keira Maguire and Sam Johnston were quick to make enemies during their time on last year's series of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette and have confirmed rumours they were set to appear on a US spin-off of the show, Bachelor in Paradise. But their US debut has now been cancelled after last week's news the series has been shut down due to an alleged sexual misconduct scandal.
"I had my bags all ready to go, then on Sunday morning, I woke up and literally had five missed calls," Maguire, 31, told NW magazine.
She said she was told the show had been halted "indefinitely".
While Johnston, 27, also confirmed he was set to appear on the US series, he told the magazine he was glad to be no longer involved.
"I'm very shocked and surprised (the production company) would blatantly ignore their duty of care," he said.
Following news last week that production on the latest series of the spin-off had suddenly halted due to allegations of "misconduct", producers released a statement saying an investigation was underway.
"We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico. We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action," said the statement from Warner Bros.
The reality show features previous contestants who have been featured on The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, sending them to an exotic location for another shot at love. This upcoming fourth season was set to premiere on August 8 - but E! reports that it has been cancelled altogether.