5 reasons a NZ ski holiday should be on your bucket list
THE grass is greener, the air feels fresher - even the food and water taste better.
But they're not the only reasons you should put New Zealand on the top of your travel bucket list.
As we begin the downward slope towards winter, it's time to start planning your next holiday.
Get out your ski goggles, we've pulled together five reasons a NZ ski holiday should be on your travel bucket list:
1. It's one for the whole family: There will be no 'I'm bored' coming from the kids as they learn to tackle the art of skiing or snowboarding and a day on the slopes will leave them begging for an early bedtime. And parents, well the choice is up to you: relax, seek thrills, or something in between… New Zealand has so many exciting activities on offer.
2. You can fly direct from the Gold Coast: Why mess around with multiple flights, when you can head straight to Queenstown, Wellington, Christchurch or Auckland from Gold Coast Airport. Plus, with multiple airlines flying across the Tasman from the Gold Coast (Jetstar, Air New Zealand, Virgin Australia and Air Asia) you'll be sure to find a time and price that suits you.
3. It is right next door: New Zealand has some of the most amazing and picturesque ski fields in the world, and it's just a few hours away. Why fly to Europe or America for your ski experience when you can whip across the ditch to experience the best of the best?
4. You'll experience a REAL winter: No wearing T-shirts and shorts like in the middle of an Aussie winter, in NZ you'll get the real deal. Beanies, jackets, thermals, scarves - the works.
5. It's uncrowded: With so many different regions to ski (Canterbury region, central north, Queenstown, Mt Cook Mackenzie) the crowds are dispersed among numerous ski fields, meaning shorter lift lines and more snow for you!
To book your next NZ ski holiday visit our airline partner websites, or visit goldcoastairport.com.au.