Thank you for entering. See how you went by checking the answers below:
HOW AUSSIE ARE YOU?
1. How many stars are on the Australian Flag?
2. What is the capital of Australia?
3. Finish this line from the second verse of our National Anthem." For those who've come across the seas..........
a. We’ve boundless plains to share.”
b. We’ve golden soil and wealth for toil.”
c. We’ll toil with hearts and hands.”
d. We’ll have a barbie with you.”
4. Which two aminals appear on the Australian Coat of Arms?
a. Platypus and Echidna
b. Koala and Kangaroo
c. Emu and Kangaroo
d. Emu and Wombat
5. What is QANTAS airline’s nickname?
a. Air Aussie
b. Quick and Nasty
c. The Red Roo
d. The Flying Kangaroo
6. What is two-up?
a. A traditional Aussie gambling game
b. A traditional Aussie breakfast of bacon and egg
c. A traditional Aussie expression for someone who is a snob.
d. A traditional Aussie sport played by two people.
7. What is the "race that stops a nation"?
a. The Tour Down Under cycling race
b. The Stawell Gift foot race
c. The Sydney to Hobart yacht race
d. The Melbourne Cup horse race
8. What is a 'snag'?
a. A sausage
b. A type of bird
c. A fishing hook
d. A sandwich
9. What is a 'drongo'?
a. A type of bird
b. A stupid, inept, silly or slow-witted person
c. A dingo that is in the wrong place
d. A smart, intelligent person
10. Who was the Prime Minister who went for a swim on 17 December 1967 and was never seen again?
a. Julia Gillard
b. Bob Hawke
c. Robert Menzies
d. Harold Holt
11. Who appears on the current Australian $50 note?
a. Sir Henry Parkes and Catherine Helen Spence
b. David Unaipon and Edith Cowan
c. Banjo Paterson and Dame Mary Gilmore
d. Queen Elizabeth II and Parliament House
12. What date is Australia Day?
b. 12 April
c. 26 July
d. 26 January
13. You can keep things cool in .....?
a. A cooler
b. A bag
c. An esky
d. A chilly bin
14. What is the longest river in Australia?
15. Which sport do the 'Wallabies' play?