Privately nestled away on a hilltop, this exceptional rural homestead has amazing views over the Orara West State Forest, Cedar Valley and Bindarri National Park.
The 45ha (114 acre) property has about 20 acres cleared and fenced, enough room to run some stock or horses.
Comprising 5 bedrooms, large living areas with high, raking ceilings and plenty of borrowed light, an office or art room, 2 bathrooms downstairs (both with claw-foot baths), a 3rd bathroom upstairs and a double-sided fireplace which heats the living areas and master suite, the home was lovingly constructed using a long list of sustainable and recycled materials.
The ground floor exterior walls are all mud brick, sourced from the actual building site and made on the property.
The main beam and central post in the living areas are heartwood Red Ironbark, from a railway bridge in Raleigh.
All the other posts and rafters are Tallowwood from the BGF warehouse, previously located at the Jetty, believed to be constructed around 1943 and demolished in 1995.
The solid timber flooring on ground level was recycled from the Coffs Harbour Civic Centre and the Baltic Pine flooring upstairs is from a warehouse in Sydney.
The verandah decking originates from homes in Armidale, whose roofs were destroyed in a hail storm in 1995/96.
The Australian Red Cedar windows in the living room and back bedroom are from Grafton High School, circa 1890 and the remaining windows and doors were made by The Strip Joint in Woolgoolga from recycled cedar.
The 2 claw-foot baths came from Westcott's farm in Central NSW.
2.5m wide paved patios and timber decks wrap around all four sides of the home, offering plenty of outdoor entertaining space and extensive views over the valley.
The property has a 3 bay colourbond garage, a double carport and 2 gable roof farm sheds (14m x 7m and 10m x 6m), providing plenty of room for vehicle, tractor and implement storage.
There is a 10ha (7 megalitre) water licence, with a petrol pump in Urumbilum River, plus a swimming hole in Wayper Creek..
478b Dairyville Road, Upper Orara, New South Wales, 2450, Australia