Terms and Conditions: The Coffs Coast Advocate “Win a Double Pass to the Inaugral Melbourne Cup Gala Party at C.Ex Coffs”
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. Method of entry: To enter, Contestants must collect from the The Coffs Coast Advocate the entry coupon published on October 11, 2014. The entry coupon must be original newsprint - no photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will be accepted. The entry coupon must be completed and placed in an envelope clearly marked The Coffs Coast Advocate “Win a Double Pass to the Inaugral Melbourne Cup Gala Party at C. Ex Coffs”, then clearly write your name and address on the back, then:
- Send to PO Box 534, Coffs Harbour, NSW 2450; or
- Deliver to 53 Moonee Street, Coffs Harbour, NSW, 2450.
An editorial story on the event will be published in The Coffs Coast Advocate on October 11, 2014. Contestants may submit more than one entry, but any one Contestant may only win one of the prizes.
- 1 x Double Pass to the Inaugral Melbourne Cup Gala Party to be held on Tuesday November 4, 2014 at C.Ex Coffs.
- The Double Pass is valued at $198 inclusive of GST.
- The total maximum value of the prize is $198 inclusive of GST.
The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition starts on Saturday October 11, 2014 and closes at 12pm on Friday October 17, 2014 (closure date/time). Entries received after the closure date/time will not be eligible.
4. Eligibility limitations: Contestants must be 18 years and over to enter the competition. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The winner will be selected in a random draw held at the Coffs Coast Advocate at 12.05pm on Friday October 17, 2014 and prize awarded following winner validation and verification. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner’s details will be published in The Coffs Coast Advocate on Saturday October 18, 2014. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and ID that includes a photograph may be required. Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and ID that includes a photograph may be required. Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. All prizes when specified must be picked up within 14 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes that remain unclaimed 14 days after notification has been sent to the winner will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
Promoter: The Coffs Coast Advocate
ACN 000 055 578