A COFFS Harbour supermarket was evacuated after a fire scare this morning.
Staff and early morning shoppers at Woolworths in Park Ave were ordered out of the supermarket after the fire alarm was raised around 6.30am.
NSW Fire and Rescue crews from the Coffs Harbour Fire Station were told smoke filled the upstairs section of the building, just after the store had opened.
Fire Station Officer Matt Malone said investigations found the pall of smoke came from the store's air conditioning.
Firefighters identified a faulty air conditioner belt as the cause.
The supermarket has since reopened.
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.