GROUP 2 Rugby League players have dominated selections in the inaugural East Coast Dolphins team.
The host Group finished unbeaten at today's trials series held at Advocate Park in Coffs Harbour, downing NRRRL Southern 16-0 in the qualifier before recording a 14-0 victory over NRRRL Northern in the final.
Northern edged out Group 3 14-6 in their meeting but the Manning/Great Lakes-based Group recovered to beat Southern 10-6 in the play-off for third.
These results saw nine Group 2 players chosen in the squad of 19 and in an extra twist, four of those came from the powerful Nambucca Heads Roosters.
The Dolphins squad will be back in Coffs Harbour for a camp on March 31-April 1 conducted by coaches Tod Martin and Mark Darby.
Their next engagement is the AAMI Country Under-18 Regional Championships in Wingham from the 13-15th April.
East Coast Dolphins
- Fullback - Zac Sheppard (Nambucca Heads)
- Wing - Luke Sinclair (Port City)
- Centre - Macaulay Dawson (Coffs Harbour)
- Centre - Darren Holten (Port Macquarie)
- Wing - Greg Talu (Lismore Marist Brothers)
- Five-eighth - Silas Robbins (Nambucca Heads)
- Halfback - Jacob Follent (Ballina)
- Prop - Luke Campbell (Cudgen)
- Hooker - Zac O'Brien (Sawtell)
- Prop - Nick Millar (Macleay Valley)
- Second row - Nathan Portelli (Coffs Harbour)
- Second row - Hugh Pratt (Lismore Marist Brothers)
- Lock - Scott Williams (Wingham)
- Jai Whaddy (Nambucca Heads)
- Jake Hoban (Nambucca Heads)
- Josh Wood (Old Bar)
- Jake Collins (Forster-Tuncurry)
- Nathan Wilson (Lismore Marist Brothers)
- Declan White (Murwillumbah)
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.