COFFS Harbour Surf Club's Ryan Beckett left it until near the end of competition to medal at the Australian Surf Life Saving Championships at Scarborough, Western Australia.
On Saturday, he picked up a bronze medal for third place in the male under-17 single ski event behind Alex Wright (Mooloolaba) and Nikolas Green (Alexandra Headland).
Most notably, Ryan was the only surf athlete representing North Coast branch to collect an individual medal with all others won by boat crews.
Also on the penultimate day, Woolgoolga was highly fancied to take a third medal from the rowing but the reserve boat missed out on making the finals.
The 'unofficial' representative of the Coffs Coast, Courtney Hancock was one of the stars of the week-long event.
Leading into the final day of competition, Courtney had collected either individually or with Northcliffe team-mates, a swag of five gold and six silver medals.
However, the punishing schedule may have finally taken its toll when she failed to defend her ironwoman crown.
After participating in three events earlier that morning, Courtney faded to finish 11th in her pet event behind rival Liz Pluimers.
NORTH COAST INTERBRANCH MEDALS
- Trevor Clark, Michael Lane, John Portsmouth, Adam Rees, Craig Schweikert, Brian Sedivy - Woolgoolga Mudcrabs 160 masters surf boat
- Trevor Clark, Denis Crossley, Craig Schweikert, Ian Thorncroft - Woolgoolga Long Strokers 200 masters surf boat
- Michael Coulter, Kenneth Laverty, Stephen Russo, Kendall Stirrat - Macksville-Scotts Head 220 mixed masters surf boat
- Charles Brazel, Ralph Johnson, Albert Keetman, Darell Perks - Macksville-Scotts Head 260 mixed masters surf boat
- Ryan Beckett - Coffs Harbour U17 male single ski
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.